Adirondack Wild is on the Wild’s Side. We are an organization of committed individuals dedicating their lives to the wildness of the Adirondack Park. We are an advocate who embraces, defends and protects wilderness and promotes wild land values and science-based stewardship of public and private lands.
- We defend the Adirondack and Catskill Forest Preserve, the only forests in the world which are safeguarded as “forever wild” in a constitution.
- We embrace and stand for the constitutional mandate that the “lands of the state…shall be forever kept as wild forest lands.”
- We promote care and stewardship of all wild lands of the six-million-acre Adirondack Park because they form the largest, wildest, and most intact northern forest ecosystem in the Northeast.
- We act to protect wildlands from threats, many of which come from the very state agencies responsible for protecting this great Park but who, too often, betray their legal responsibilities.
- We document state mismanagement, hold officials accountable and propose comprehensive policy reforms
- We speak for all those who believe in a moral obligation to steward the Adirondack Park for future generations.
- If you care about wilderness, if you care about values that cannot be readily assigned a dollar value, we invite you to work with us.